Last Updated on February 3, 2023 by Roy
Outdoor refrigerators have become increasingly popular in recent years as homeowners look to create fully equipped outdoor kitchens. These refrigerators are designed to withstand the elements and provide convenient refrigeration for your outdoor space. In this article, we’ll explore the benefits of having an outdoor refrigerator and discuss the purpose of this article.
Explanation of Outdoor Refrigerators
An outdoor refrigerator is a specialized type of refrigeration unit designed to be used outside. These refrigerators are made of durable materials that can withstand the elements and can range in size from compact units to full-sized refrigerators that can be integrated into an outdoor kitchen. Outdoor refrigerators can be freestanding or built-in, providing a seamless look to your outdoor space.
Benefits of Having an Outdoor Refrigerator
There are many benefits to having an outdoor refrigerator, including:
- Convenience: An outdoor refrigerator provides easy access to cold drinks and food while you are entertaining or cooking outdoors.
- Increased Storage Space: An outdoor refrigerator can provide additional storage space for your outdoor kitchen, freeing up space in your indoor refrigerator.
- Improved Entertainment: An outdoor refrigerator can make outdoor entertaining more enjoyable and convenient by providing easy access to cold drinks and food.
- Enhanced Outdoor Kitchen: An outdoor refrigerator can add to the aesthetic of your outdoor kitchen and provide a more functional and enjoyable outdoor cooking space.
Purpose of the Article
The purpose of this article is to provide information on outdoor refrigerators, including different types, factors to consider when choosing one, and recommendations on the best models on the market. Additionally, we’ll discuss maintenance and care tips to keep your outdoor refrigerator in top shape. Whether you are looking to add an outdoor refrigerator to your existing outdoor kitchen or are just starting to plan one, this article will provide valuable information and guidance to help you make an informed decision.
When you’re planning a party or event, the last thing you want to worry about is whether or not your food will stay fresh. That’s why having a reliable outdoor refrigerator is essential. In this article, we’ll take a look at the best outdoor refrigerators on the market and provide a complete buyer’s guide to help you choose the perfect one for your needs.
NewAir Portable Ice Maker AI-215R [Style: Ice Maker]
NewAir NBF046SS00 Beer Refrigerator[23 DEGREES: COLDEST IN MARKET]
Whynter FM-85G 85 Quart Portable Fridge[Car, RV and home use “Fast Freeze”]
Midea WHS-87LB1 Refrigerator[Energy Saving]
GE GDE03GGKBB Freestanding Compact Refrigerator[Interior lighting]
Danby DBC026A1BSSDB 95 Can Beverage Center[Easy to Operate]
How to Choose the Best Outdoor Refrigerator ?
Choosing the best outdoor refrigerator can be a challenging task, but by considering the following factors, you can make an informed decision that meets your needs:
Size and Capacity: Consider the size and capacity of the refrigerator in relation to the available space in your outdoor area and your storage needs.
Type of Refrigerator: Choose between portable, built-in, or beverage outdoor refrigerators based on your specific needs and the type of outdoor setup you have.
Temperature Control: Make sure the outdoor refrigerator you choose has an accurate temperature control system so that you can keep your food and drinks at the desired temperature.
Energy Efficiency: Look for an outdoor refrigerator with Energy Star rating, which indicates that the appliance has been tested and meets energy efficiency standards.
Durability: Outdoor refrigerators are exposed to the elements, so it’s important to choose a model that is weather-resistant and has a durable construction.
Features: Consider the features you want in your outdoor refrigerator, such as adjustable shelves, lockable doors, and automatic defrost.
Brand and Warranty: Choose a reputable brand that offers a good warranty and customer support.
Budget: Set a budget and choose the best outdoor refrigerator within your price range that meets your needs and requirements.
Outdoor vs Indoor Refrigerator
While they might seem pretty much the same, outdoor and indoor refrigerators are two totally different innovations. Inside your house, you typically have a controlled environment which means regulated humidity, stable temperatures, and limited dust, and so on.
While outdoors, the ambient temperature has a wide range, and the changing levels of humidity in combination with harsh weather pose a significant threat.
And for this reason, the outdoor refrigerators have to be built in accordance with these factors so that any adverse condition can be mitigated.
- Choosing an Energy Efficient Refrigerator
- 10 best refrigerators under $500
- Best Mini Outdoor Fridge
- What Extra Features Should I Look For In A Refrigerator?
- How Does A Refrigerator Work?
- What types of technical problems are common with refrigerators?
- Outdoor Refrigerator Accessories – Covers, Casters, and Shelves
- 12v vs 110v Outdoor Refrigerators: Which One is Right for You?
- Brand Comparison: Engel vs Dometic vs Norcold vs Whynter – Outdoor Crazy Deals
- check out Answering Your Common Outdoor Refrigerator Questions [FAQ].
Outdoor Refrigerator Maintenance
Outdoor refrigerators require proper maintenance in order to keep them functioning efficiently and to extend their lifespan. Here are some tips for maintaining your outdoor refrigerator:
- Clean Regularly: Clean your outdoor refrigerator regularly, inside and out, with a solution of warm water and mild soap. This will help prevent mold and mildew from forming and also keep it looking its best.
- Keep it Covered: When not in use, keep your outdoor refrigerator covered with a high-quality cover that fits snugly and is made of breathable material to prevent condensation buildup.
- Keep it Level: Make sure that your outdoor refrigerator is level, as an uneven surface can cause the compressor to work harder and ultimately wear out more quickly.
- Keep it Cool: Keep your outdoor refrigerator in a shady area to help prevent overheating, and avoid exposing it to direct sunlight for extended periods of time.
- Check the Gaskets: Check the gaskets around the door regularly for any cracks or tears and replace if necessary. This will help keep the door airtight and prevent any leaks.
- Monitor the Temperature: Regularly monitor the temperature inside your outdoor refrigerator to ensure that it is staying within the correct range. This will help prevent spoilage and also extend the life of the food and beverages stored inside.
- Defrost: If your outdoor refrigerator is frost-free, it may not require defrosting, but if it is not, be sure to defrost it periodically to keep it functioning efficiently.
By following these tips, you can help ensure that your outdoor refrigerator is functioning properly and will last for many years.
Types Of Outdoor Refrigerators
Before we dive into our top picks, let’s take a look at the different types of outdoor refrigerators available. There are three main types: portable, built-in, and beverage refrigerators. Portable refrigerators are great for camping and tailgating, as they can be easily transported and don’t require a permanent installation. Built-in refrigerators, on the other hand, are designed to be installed in outdoor kitchens or other permanent outdoor spaces. Beverage refrigerators are smaller and designed specifically for keeping drinks cool. To learn more about the different types of outdoor refrigerators and their uses, check out our article “Types of Outdoor Refrigerators: Portable, Built-in, and Beverage”.
Our Top Picks for the Best Outdoor Refrigerators
Looking for the best outdoor refrigerator to keep your drinks cold and your food fresh? Check out our top picks for the best outdoor refrigerators on the market today. From small and compact models to larger units that can accommodate a full outdoor kitchen, we’ve got you covered.
#1.NewAir Portable Ice Maker AI-215R
- Capable of making more than 50 pounds of ice per day
- Automatic shut-off
- Overflow protection
- Empty water reservoir light indicator
- Compact, portable size is perfect for RVs and apartments
If you are serious about buying from the best refrigerators for outdoor kitchens, then NewAir Portable Ice Maker AI-215R is a must-have for you. Capable of minting more than 50 pounds of ice per day, this great quality ice maker is compact enough to take it anywhere.
Quick freezing time and a side-mounted drain for a mess-free cleanup make it even more desirable. This outside refrigerator is also equipped with a see-through window. An LED display & easy push-button controls add transcendent appeal to any party.
- Great ice producing capacity
- Easy to use self-clean feature
- Can make ice of 3 sizes
#2.NewAir NBF046SS00 Beer Refrigerator
- Coldest in Market (23 Degree Fahrenheit)
- Frost-Free Glass Shelves
- Compact and Spacious
- Great design
If you are someone who likes to keep their drinks at just an arm’s length, then the NewAir NBF046SS00 outdoor stainless steel refrigerator is the perfect choice for you. What’s unique about this beauty is that it chills beer down to 23 degrees Fahrenheit in absolutely no time.
You don’t have to wait for the beer to get cold and spoil the mood of your party. Frost beer mugs, chill brews, or store mini-kegs; the NewAir NBF046SS00 outdoor refrigerator will make sure that you get the best experience out of your bash.
- Elegant design
- Offers the coldest temperature in the market
#3.Whynter FM-85G 85 Quart Portable Fridge
- Fast freeze mode
- Operates both as a refrigerator and freezer
- Tough and solid outer casing
Whether you are cherishing a day trip or are on a major expedition, keeping your food and beverages fresh and chilled was never so easy. The Whynter portable freezer fridge is an epic outdoor kitchen refrigerator, which operates between -6 Degree F to 50 Degree F.
Having a firm and solid outer casing, the Whynter FM-85G 85 is a superb solution for every recreational freezing requirement and is one of the best outdoor kitchen refrigerators.
- Powerful Compressor Cooling System
- 2-in-1 Appliance
- Dual Voltage
- Fast Freeze Mode
#4.Danby DBC026A1BSSDB 95 Can Beverage Center
- Easy to operate
- Superior cooling system
- Bright and Modern
- Versatile Storage
- Huge Capacity
There’s nothing better than hosting a get-together to connect with your relatives and friends. And that get-together reaches a whole new level of fun with this astounding outdoor refrigerator cabinet. The Danby DBC026A1BSSDB keeps your drinks chilled, fresh and beautifully illuminated through a blue LED light.
This appliance has a generous 2.6 Cubic Feet of cooling and storage space and can hold around 100 (350 ml) cans on three adjustable black-wire shelves.
- Efficient Cooling
- Removable & Adjustable Shelves
- Interior LED Light
- Huge Capacity
- Sleek & Modern Design
4.6 out of 5 3,781 global ratings
#5.Midea WHS-87LB1 Refrigerator
- Large storage area
- Comes with adjustable legs and a reversible door
- Energy efficient
- High-quality Performance
- Manual Defrost Function
The Midea 2.4 Cubic Feet refrigerator is an innovative and perfect solution for a room, apartment, or a wet-bar. It’s one of the best refrigerators for outdoor kitchens and has a popular size & offers a world-class performance due to its simplified mechanical thermostat and manual defrost functions.
The Midea 2.4 Cubic Feet best outdoor refrigerator has a large storage area for excellent beverage chilling and healthy storage of snacks.
- Keeps your food and drinks amazingly chilled
- Huge capacity with adjustable shelves
- Super-fast and consistent cooling
- Doesn’t have a spacious freezer for stocking supplies
- Gets loud after several months of use
#6.GE GDE03GGKBB Freestanding Compact Refrigerator
- Tested for extreme conditions
- Recessed handles
- Ideal storage
- Tall bottle storage
- Partial automatic defrost
If you are looking for an efficient and best outdoor kitchen refrigerator & that is too spacious, then missing out on GE GDE03GGKBB won’t be a smart move at all. It features a separate freezer compartment and bright interior lighting to ensure that your favorite drinks are in easy reach.
The sturdy glass shelves of the GE GDE03GGKBB, which is one of the best outdoor kitchen refrigerator, easy to clean and also tested in extreme conditions to deliver a genius performance.
- Easy to use and clean
- Dedicated compartment for fruits and vegetables
- Double Door
- Partial Automatic Defrost
How do I reduce the amount of energy used by my refrigerator?
Here are some tips to reduce the amount of energy used by your refrigerator:
- Keep it at the right temperature: Set your refrigerator to between 37°F and 40°F and the freezer to between 0°F and 5°F.
- Don’t keep it too full: A full refrigerator is more energy-efficient than an empty one, but too much food can block the flow of cold air and make the fridge work harder.
- Keep it clean: Dust and dirt can build up on the condenser coils and prevent the refrigerator from running efficiently. Clean the coils once or twice a year.
- Keep the door seals tight: Check the door seals regularly to make sure they’re tight. If they’re not, air can escape and cause the fridge to work harder.
- Don’t place it near heat sources: Refrigerators work best when they’re in a cool, well-ventilated area. Don’t place it near heat sources such as ovens, stoves, or radiators.
- Use the energy-saving mode: Many refrigerators have an energy-saving mode that reduces energy usage when the fridge isn’t being used. Check your owner’s manual for more information.
- Defrost your freezer regularly: Frost build-up in the freezer makes the fridge work harder. Defrost your freezer when the frost is more than ¼ inch thick.
- Consider buying a more efficient model: When it’s time to replace your refrigerator, consider buying an Energy Star-rated model. These appliances are more energy-efficient than standard models.
Things You Can Do to Improve Efficiency
Replace a Used Fridge with a New Fridge
The older your best outdoor kitchen refrigerator gets, the more likely it will suffer from hardware glitches that cause it to consume more electricity. It is especially true with older models that may not have as efficient a cooling system and supply your foods with a constant stream of energy.
The money saved by upgrading to a more energy-efficient model may cover the costs of the new refrigerator in just a few years.
Keep The Door Closed
The best undercounter refrigerators have internal sensors that tell them when to blast the inside with cold air. When the door is open, the air inside of the fridge warms, and the cooling system has to be running potentially for longer.
The more it has to cool your food, the more energy it will use & the more costs are being incurred. You should make sure that your door is getting closed all the way, as sometimes packages from food products can cause the door to remain slightly ajar.
Keep the Food at Medium Temperature
Refrigerators often allow you the option of making sure your food is kept extremely cool, with a very cold setting that makes sure that your food is cool and not prone to warming. But this feature also requires a more constant stream of cool air, so your refrigerator is working harder.
Keep Containers Closed
When you put an open container into the outside fridge- The water tends to evaporate and reappear around your refrigerator. The more excess water, the harder your refrigerator is working, so try to keep all containers closed to reduce evaporation.
Clean Your Coils
The cleaner the coils in the back of the appliance, the more efficient the entire machine will run. Coils play an important role with both warming and cooling the refrigerator, and over time they get dirty. If you are hoping to improve your efficiency, you should make sure they are cleaned regularly.
Saving Money the Right Way
In addition to saving money, these tips will also save energy, which is better for the environment and helps keep costs down. If everyone simply closed their refrigerator quickly, for example, tons of energy around the world would be saved, reducing pollution and keeping costs lower. Energy saving tips are both good for your wallet and good for the world.
- Establish your budget and goals in advance to help you focus your search and avoid spending time on models with unnecessary features. The ideal time to choose the best outdoor refrigerators to select your outdoor kitchen furniture set.
- Although most outdoor refrigerators are constructed with this kind of door, it’s still worth checking.
- The best outdoor refrigerators do not enjoy being near hot objects, such as radiators, heaters, grills, ovens, or stoves. As a result, ensure at least 12″ between them.
- It is more practical to place the refrigerator adjacent to the sink; this saves time and effort by eliminating the need to transport food goods (that need thoroughly cleaned) from the refrigerator.
We hope this list of the 6 best outdoor refrigerators of 2023 has helped you make a decision on which one is right for you. Whether you’re looking for a portable option for camping or a built-in option for your outdoor kitchen, there’s something for everyone on this list. Remember to consider the type, size, and features that are most important to you before making your final decision. And for more information on how to maintain and troubleshoot your outdoor refrigerator, check out our article “How to Maintain and Troubleshoot Outdoor Refrigerators“.
Also check our previous post regarding the best 2 burner gas grills in the market to give you the most mouth watering Barbeque!
Don’t forget to consider other factors such as price, brand reputation, and warranty when making your final decision. And if you have any questions, please feel free to ask in the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
The best outdoor refrigerator will depend on your specific needs and preferences. However, we recommend checking out the models from our list of the best outdoor refrigerators.
check out Answering Your Common Outdoor Refrigerator Questions [FAQ].
Again, this will depend on your personal needs and preferences. However, we recommend looking for an outdoor refrigerator with a spacious interior, advanced cooling technology, and a durable design.
Of course, outdoor refrigerators cannot have the best outdoor refrigerators or be used outdoors. They do not have good insulation, rust, and UV protection. Many older versions have electrical components, which can cause short circuits and malfunction in wet weather.
These products are among the most popular and trusted brands by Bull outdoor refrigerators Products, EdgeStar, Avallon, and Summit. Danby also produces high-quality products (suitable for outdoor kitchens).
It depends on the ambient temperature range because all outdoor refrigerators are upgraded to specific temperatures. It is possible to check your own in the external use guide.
If your climate is very hot and often has temperatures above 110F, it is best not to leave it outside. High temperatures make external refrigerators work harder, leading to increased mechanical stress. Additionally, gaskets and seals will overheat, which will lead to premature wear.
Prices for outdoor refrigerators can vary depending on the size, brand, and features. However, you can expect to spend anywhere from $200 to $2000 for a quality model.